For immediate release.
At Unixstickers.com, they are taking donations to FOSS on a whole new level.
Being the largest store of FOSS & related merchandise, since last year they have in place a system so that, for every purchase made, some of the proceeds are donated to FOSS (see the live updated report here: www.unixstickers.com/donations)
After months of intense work, they’re announcing a new initiative to support Free and Open Source Software.
They asked 5 FOSS personalities to sign a handful of limited edition stickers, which are available until sold out. Each of the signers appointed a specific foundation or initiative that will benefit from the proceeds raised through the initiative.
Here are the 5 FOSS idols that signed these awesome stickers:
- Dave Gandy, founder of Font Awesome (all donations go to New Story Charity newstorycharity.org)
- Yukihiro Matzumoto aka Matz, chief designer of the Ruby programming (all donations go to rubycentral.org)
- Salvatore Sanfilippo aka Antirez, creator of Redis (all donations go to Museo dell’Informatica Funzionante museo.freaknet.org)
- David Heinemeier Hansson aka DHH, creator of Ruby on Rails (all donations go to the Electronic Frontier Foundation www.eff.org)
- Neil McGovern, Executive Director at the GNOME Foundation (all donations go to the GNOME Foundation www.gnome.org/foundation)
Show your love by sharing the initiative and get the limited edition signed stickers here: http://www.unixstickers.com/signed-stickers